- Views 938
It’s hard to sell a house in this economy! With so many options to choose from, buyers are looking for the best of the best. Paying attention to the small details may be the thing that helps you sell your home faster. Below are a list of 10 home improvements that are a sure-fire way to help you sell your home faster.
- Repaint Rooms: To appeal to more people, try painting the walls a neutral color. Light neutral colors will make the room appear more spaces. Darker colors will contribute to a smaller looking room.
- Fix Drywall Dings: Dents and dings in the walls show lack of care. Be sure to fill holes in the drywall.
- Power Wash and Paint the Outside: A dirty, moldy outside of the home doesn’t look good to anyone. Use a power washer to eliminate discolorations on the paint. Repainting the outside of your home can also help you to gain the curb appeal needed to sell your home.
- Organize and Declutter: Help people envision their items in your home by taking out personal items and decluttering rooms. With less stuff in each room the area will look and feel more spacious. Consider hiring a professional organizer for areas that are harder to organize, like the garage.
- Repair/ Replace Window Screens: This is a very inexpensive way to spruce up the home. It will also help your home be more up-to-date.
- Clean and Repair Gutters: Nothing makes your home look more neglected than overflowing gutters filled with gunk. Be sure to regularly clean the gutters every six months. While cleaning, look out for damages that need repaired and fix them.
- Front Door Refresh: One of the first things that potential buyers look at is the front door. Be sure to clean glass, shine hardware and consider repainting doors that are scratched and damaged.
- Remove Outdated Window Treatments: Make your home look more modern by removing outdated or broken window treatments. Install new wood or neutral color treatments. These can be installed in a day and really make the difference in the state of a room.
- Convert Unfinished or Unused Space Into a Storage Area: The best way to make an unfinished space usable is by installing a storage system. By installing a storage system into an unfinished basement, buyers will see an area for storage. Consider specialized and customizable shelving and cabinets.
- Finish with Flooring: Make a room instantly pop by adding new epoxy floor coatings. These are especially great for garages with oil stains and imperfections and basements. Epoxy floor coatings can be installed in 24 hours and are easy to clean.
Monkey Bar Storage Solutions is a garage storage and organization company serving Milwaukee residents.
Guest post by Stephanie Hanson, who is the Community Manager for Monkey Bars and enjoys DIY projects